Sunday, March 3, 2013

Project 7: The Bard

Using our Pseudonym that we create a project ago, we are now to illustrate a playbill for the Royal Shakespeare Company in the style of our Pseudonym. Unfortunately for me, I have nearly read none of these plays, with the exception of The Merchant of Venice. Even still it was many mornings ago, that it was difficult for me to recall. Lucky for me my girlfriend was an avid fan of shakespeare and she would be able to summarize each play. I eventually stuck with The Taming of the Shrew. It boasted a similar story as a recent movie, 10 Things I Hate About You, and symbolizing this plays theme was as easy as a pair of wedding rings and an inscribed quote.


As my Pseudonym would, he painted most of the playbill, including the rings, the inscription the background and boarder. My pseudonym also likes to treat the background and boarder with harsh brush strokes and paint splatter, to contrast the prettier and "tamed" features, if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment