Sunday, January 13, 2013

Project 1: Shape Potential

This project tested my patience as it seemed more and more difficult to turn the same shape into something new. In short, I think I've got a good looking set of illustrations. 

Speed & Movement: A paper airplane & a motorcycle


Enter Here: A look into the living arrangements through a unique window & the battery door of a remote control


Shape Reflected: An owl & the back end of a boat. Created with my shape reflected.


Sports: Basketball dunk & Miniature Golf


Unique Perspective: A cow lifted by UFO and my childhood meets today's technology


It wasn't till I took all the images into Photoshop that I realized I had some continuity with themes, such as movement and sports. I chose these final images because their characteristics became more expressive the more I explored them. For instance, in the last image of the example of the iPad, the figure of the boy using his suction-cup-arrows in the reflection came to me after outlining and shading. Similar fate with the boat and it's overhead speaker system and the unique living room ... which is a small taste of what my dream office would look like. The details that followed afterwards is what I like the most about this batch. 

On the opposite of that, I had several other ideas that I aborted because the imagery just didn't expressive itself like these before you. The one's I aborted: Tiki Statue or Easter Island Statue, Rain Coat and Shirt collar. Not very expressive as you can see. So very happy with the final product. Hope you think so too. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment