Wednesday, January 30, 2013

InClass Assignment 3: Juxtaposition

In this assignment we were given the challenge to illustrate three juxtapositions. 

The first is comparison between the modern day Sign Holders and Pan Handlers. They share common interest and themes but differ in their status.




There are many words in the English vocabulary that share the same name but have different meanings. Here's is my second example, Mousse – Mousse, the play on words between the animal and the dessert. Yum!




For my last, I wanted to compare the similarity of hand signals that sports officials call between Baseball and Football ... and how this affect the fans. 

I had fun illustrating but I've realized now that I don't often think about juxtapositions often enough to make strong examples. I'm pleased with my post but in comparison to the examples that I saw in class these are pretty mild. I'm hoping to take this new understanding, learn from it, and expand my horizons. I'd like to become better so that I can be more effective in the future at a design agency.  



No comments:

Post a Comment