Sunday, January 20, 2013

Project 2: New Yorker Phrase Narratives

The story behind this project was to create a cartoon to be featured in the New Yorker. I was given the phrase "Miss! Oh, Miss! For goodness sakes, stop." I cleverly thought about these two scenarios in which this quote could've been used.

 The first illustration is of a lobster trying to avoid becoming a meal. He holds out his wallet photo album of his children and wife.




And the second illustration is of an obnoxious karaoke singer. I feel as though I missed a crucial detail in this one—i'm missing the member of the audience that is telling her to stop singing. Both were sketched with pencil then inked with a felt tip marker. 

I'm pleased with both designs overall concept. A few artistic mistakes such as the wallet in the first image looks strangely familiar to a watch off of the ladies wrist; and the forgotten audience member in the second image. I do like the lady in the first image; I like how I captured her attitude with a pose. It definitely looks as though she is giving slight concern but is waiting to hear out his last request. 

No comments:

Post a Comment